When you decide to venture out of the hotel and see what sort of food Las Vegas has to offer, you’ll have no shortage of options. From international cuisine that’s causing blogger buzz to world-renowned chefs setting up shop downtown, the breadth of food options in Las Vegas is limitless. Below are a couple spots we recommend you try while you’re in town for our CME conference next month:
|Garlic prawns at Lotus of Siam|
Image credit: saipinchutima.com
2. Market Street Café – Open 24 hours, the Market Street Café inside of the California Hotel & Casino features an array of dishes with Hawaiian flair. People rave about their oxtail soup and Hawaiian staples like island curry stew and saimin noodle soup. This place is a great option for eating on a budget.
3. Veggie House – This spot has been rated as one of the best vegan/vegetarian restaurants in town. Not only do the chefs offer plenty of options for those who don’t eat meat, they’ve found creative and delicious ways to bring traditionally meat-based dishes onto the menu. At Veggie House, you’ll find a unique take on General Tso’s chicken and Cajun shrimp, just to name a few!
4. Texas de Brazil – This place is a must if you consider yourself a carnivore. You’ll enjoy continuous tableside service as servers come by with all sorts of meats and carve them right off the spit and onto your plate. People have said the atmosphere here is a bit more upscale without being snooty, so it’s the perfect spot to take a colleague and network while still feeling relaxed. Reserve a table and try them out today!
5. I Love Sushi – You don’t have to absolutely love sushi to eat at I Love Sushi, but it doesn’t hurt to have an open mind. The skilled chefs at this joint like to get a little inventive with the ingredients in their rolls. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to find all the sushi staples here, but if you want to go out on a bit of a limb then this is the place to do it! Locals say it’s affordable and offers great service. Menus are available on Yelp and TripAdvisor.
Image credit: peppermilllasvegas.com
7. Mastro’s Ocean Club – Mastro’s is a great place to go with your significant other. Just don’t let the fact that it’s located in a mall deter you! Mastro’s Ocean Club has a full range of delicious and fresh seafood options for you to choose from, and you can even build your own platter. The restaurant includes daily live entertainment with an elegant, classy and cozy atmosphere. The perfect date night!
8. Tacos el Gordo – This is the place to go if you’re looking for some authentic Mexican food while you’re in town. Fresh, expertly prepared meat is cooked on vertical rotisseries to keep the meat moist and delicious, and fresh tortillas and toppings pull the tacos together for an unforgettable experience. Tacos el Gordo is a great place to get a quick meal that doesn’t cut corners!
Feel like staying in? See what restaurants our host hotel, Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, has to offer! Where you do plan on grabbing a bite to eat while you’re with us in Las Vegas for our CME conference? Sound off in the comments below!