In between all of the seminars and networking you’ll be doing at our Orlando CME conference this October, we hope you can find some time to take in the sites and relax a bit. Orlando is known for all of its eye-opening attractions and theme parks, but there is plenty more to see without burning through your vacation budget. Take your family with you on your CME vacation to Orlando and save a few dollars by checking out a few of the great activities the city offers free of charge!
1. The CityArts Factory has a unique and varied blend of art galleries throughout downtown Orlando displaying breathtaking pieces of art from both local and international artists, and your family can enjoy free admission the Saturday of our conference from 11:00AM-6:00PM.
2. If you love craft beer, take in a free tour of Orlando Brewing Company at 6:00PM on Friday or Saturday. They’re the only certified organic brewery in the entire state of Florida and have free entertainment every weekend the kids will enjoy while you relax with a refreshing pint of organic craft beer.
3. Your kids will love taking in the LEGO Imagination Center at the Downtown Disney Marketplace. They can create their own structures, work together with other kids to build towering buildings, and have a romping good time free of charge. Downtown Disney is just a 5-minute walk from our conference hotel!
4. Take the family for a picnic at Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando. You can feed the swans that live there, take in a free concert at the park’s amphitheater, or check out their bustling farmer’s market each Sunday morning.
5. The Children’s Library, located on the first floor of the Orlando Public Library, regularly hosts special events such as readings, arts and crafts, movie nights, musical performances, board game nights and much more. Fun for the whole family!
These are just a few of the great free activities available to you in Orlando, and more are always popping up! What are some of free things to do in Orlando you recommend to the rest of your CME colleagues? Share with us below, and we’ll see you in October!