From July 16-19, we’ll be hosting our Baltimore CME conference! The Charm City certainly has a lot of sights, places and activities that make it charming. Here are a must-see Baltimore sights and attractions to visit while you’re taking a break from your networking and CME courses:
- Take a boat tour of the harbor! The city has tons of harbor cruise companies that are great for getting out on the water and exploring the city’s unique landscape. Some of the cruise companies even offer their tours in pirate ships, which is great if you have small children in tow.
- Go to one of the city’s museums! The city is home to several unique museums such as the American Visionary Art Museum with its eye-catching displays of non-traditional art. Head over to the Walters Art Museum for more traditional art from around the world or take the kids to the Baltimore Museum of Art. You can also tour one of the city’s floating museums! The inner harbor features several historic, restored ships that can be toured. Are you a geek at heart? Then you have to check out Geppi’s Entertainment Museum. It’s chock full of old comic books and toys from your childhood. A little bit of nostalgia, for sure.
- Take in an Orioles game! Oriole Park at Camden Yards, the stadium where the Orioles play, is credited with the popularity of cozier, more neighborhood-feeling baseball parks. Nestled right downtown, Camden Yards is easily accessible and there isn’t a bad seat in the house.
- Go on a food tour! Foodies will love the fact Baltimore has food tours available to expose you to the eclectic and cultural blend of cuisines the Charm City has to offer. Come with an empty stomach. You’ll leave stuffed!
- Go to the aquarium! Baltimore has one of the most beautiful and unique aquariums in the country. As you move down the levels of the building, you’ll see interesting creatures that live in deeper ocean waters. It’s a great educational trip for you and yours, and the kids will love all there is to see.
- Stroll around the Inner Harbor! The Inner Harbor is one of the most vibrant and charming spots in the city. It’s full of spots to shop or grab a bite to eat, and it makes a great date night idea when the lights illuminate the harbor’s waters.
- See a show at Hippodrome Theatre! The Hippodrome’s beautifully restored interior makes it one of the best spots to see a live show. The atmosphere draws you into the performances on stage and there isn’t a bad seat in the house.
What are some of your favorite things to do in Baltimore? Share them with us, and we’ll see you in July!