If you plan on attending our Chicago CME conference this month and would like to plan a romantic date night while you’re in town, check out our recommendations for the best restaurants in Chicago. While it was difficult to narrow down the list, we feel that these choices reflect the quality and diversity Chicago restaurants have to offer.
1. Takito Kitchen – Takito Kitchen is a farm-to-table restaurant with a Mexican-inspired menu created by Executive Chef David Dworshak, who is known for his support of local farmers and seasonal offerings. The menu offers shared plates, ceviche, tacos and soups – all with a focus on fresh ingredients! Try its selection of mezcals and fresh margaritas while you’re there! Takito Kitchen is located at 2013 West Division in Wicker Park.
2. Avec – While Avec has been around since 2003, it is still one of the most talked about restaurants in Chicago. Chef Perry Hendrix has created a rustic yet sophisticated menu with Midwestern ingredients and a Mediterranean flair. The bar hosts wines from small wineries in France, Italy, Spain and Portugal. Avec is located at 615 West Randolph, 60661.
3. The Duck Inn – The Duck Inn is the newest creation from Michelin Star winner Chef Kevin Hickey. While it’s famous for its potted foie gras and bone-in short rib, the Duck Inn is also known for its selection of beers, wines and signature cocktails designed to complement the sophisticated menu. Imbibe with a cold pint in the outdoor sitting area surrounded by The Duck Inn vegetable and herb garden while you enjoy local music and events. The Duck Inn is located at 2701 South Eleanor, 60608.
4. Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab – Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not just famous for its delicious seafood and steaks – it’s also known for its beautiful dining rooms, excellent customer service, signature cocktails and wines as well as its homemade desserts. Joe’s offers gluten-free, vegetarian and children’s menus to accommodate the diets of every guest. Joe’s may be somewhat pricey, but once you taste your selection, you’ll know it was well worth it! Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is located at 60 East Grand Avenue, 60611.
5. Alinea – Alinea is one of the most unique restaurants in Chicago, if not the world! Alinea truly lives up to its name with its unconventional menu offerings and outstanding attention to detail. Chef Grant Achatz brings the best of molecular gastronomy to Alinea by elevating ingredients using innovative technology and equipment. Alinea is located at 1723 North Halsted Street, 60614.
These are just a few of the best restaurants for enjoying a romantic date night in Chicago. The Chicago night life is also full of unique bars and nightclubs with something for everyone to enjoy. What are some of your favorite places to frequent while in Chicago? Share your thoughts in the comments below!